From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 16:11:09 CDT

Bob,
  This error is coming from NVIDIA CUDA libraries, not from VMD...
Apparently something is amiss with your new driver installation.
My recommendation is to go through it again and make sure you
don't have any leftover stuff from the old driver. Also, when in doubt,
get the drivers directly from NVIDIA's web site, and not through your
linux distribution. The linux distributions have been known to break
things vs. the original versions obtained directly from NVIDIA.
If the version your installing came straight from NVIDIA, then
I'd recommend looking through the driver package README info carefully
and verify you haven't missed anything important.