From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 14:30:05 CDT

Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

> On 7/29/10 11:33 AM, Kirby Vandivort wrote:
>> John Stone wrote:
>>> Kirby,
>>> Can you also check how it behaves for VMD 1.8.7? I'm assuming
>>> that's the version that Ian was running.
>>
>> Works fine on 1.8.7 for me as well.
>
> Thanks for trying this out. I have started completely from scratch and
> I am now able to get this to work properly.
>
>>From having done the VMD tutorial a few weeks ago at Scripps I think the
> part I was forgetting was that sometimes VMD or MultiSeq can get
> "confused" and it is best to "get out of the car, get back in the car".
> I should have tried this before simply deleting all my models and
>
> It would be nice if this wasn't necessary -- if there are no models
> loaded, it should be reasonable to assume the system is in a "virgin"
> starting state. But being a s/w developer myself, I appreciate how this
> isn't always possible.

Ian,

That is our goal as well. If you some spare time at some point and can come up
with a reasonably minimal way to recreate the problem that will help us figure
out what isn't being "forgotten" as it should be.

Thanks, and good luck with your work.

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics