From: Bennion, Brian (Bennion1_at_llnl.gov)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 17:24:33 CDT

Hello John and Rich,

Some short background. These bad request errors occur every time our big iron gets kernel updates. This last update caused all my windows boxes to start throwing these errors just at startup without any molecule loaded and the logo spinning. If I load a protein into the session, then I get massive errors as it is displayed and they stop unless I start to rotate the molecule. The errors are different than for the spinning logo.
If I change the rep to licorice or CPK then the errors cease.

During the last kernel update my linux workstation completely garbled the vmd session so that I was only seeing dots. I did a complete system update and noticed some xorg stuff come through. After that I work seamlessly with my linux workstation in a remote connection with our big iron.

Rich,

The xwin32 builds are a bit confusing. My laptop is xwin32 9.0 B1097 while my other computers are at the latest version of xwin32 9.3 B1050 which is the latest the lab offers.
All the windows computers display the bad request errors as described above; even my laptop does when on site.

Brian