From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 17:17:33 CDT

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Thomas C. Bishop <bishop_at_tulane.edu> wrote:
> Cool! that works.... the animation slider boounces back and forth as the
> animation works it's way across the trajectory...b/c the RMSD more or less
> increases monotonically during my sim.

excellent. great to have found a solution to your problem.

[...]

> All I have to do is feed your loop the gotolist!
> Slick!

as i wrote before, it would be fairly straightforward
to add a GUI to this based on the multimolanim GUI.
you feed it the list and then also have the ability to manually
slide back and forth, single step or automatically loop
forward or backward.

what multimolanim does is to display/hide individual
molecules. if you replace those calls with pulling numbers
from the list and do calls to animate goto, you should be done.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/