From: Ian Stokes-Rees (ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 12:10:16 CDT

 3 quick points/questions regarding VMD:

1. After rendering a movie with VMD (see parallel post on namd-l), I was
unable to run the RMSD Traj Tool. Every attempt to do so resulted in
the error:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1561496/shared/rmsd-traj-tool-error.txt

If I quit VMD, reloaded the structure, reloaded the frames, it would
work OK. My best guess is that the movie renderer modifies the data in
a way that stops the RMSD Traj Tool from working.

2. Is it possible to add a time index to each frame in the rendered
movie? This would make it much easier to communicate with collaborators
and colleagues on specific behavior at specific time points. A frame
index may also be useful.

3. If I accidentally enter a directory name and try loading it, VMD crashes.

Thanks,

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD                       W: http://hkl.hms.harvard.edu
ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu               T: +1 617 432-5608 x75