From: Ian Stokes-Rees (ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 18:46:31 CDT

 We have several variations of the PDB that we have modified for our own
use, and also have a mirror of SCOP. It would be nice if there were
some easy way to load PDB files from these "alternative" sources. Is
there straightforward way for me to modify VMD to enable this functionality?

Another perspective is that we have a web-based protein study portal and
would like to send users VMD script files which can fetch all files from
URLs, or just use SCOP codes to fetch the files. It would be great if
we could do this without having to ship all PDB files to users from the
web browser, but instead just the script which references web-based PDB
files (or a URL source from which PBDs should be fetched).

Cheers,

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD                       W: http://abitibi.sbgrid.org
ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu               T: +1.617.432.5608 x75