From: Jeffrey Sanders (Jeffrey.Sanders_at_jefferson.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2010 - 15:05:58 CDT

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Phantom Omni haptic device to use it with VMD and NAMD. I initially installed the vrpn_server from vrpn's website and tried to connect to the device with no avail. I saw on the board earlier that there was a binary already built so I downloaded all of those files into one folder and attempted to run vrpn server with my device. It can read the config file and opens vrpn_phantom.

It gets hung up, however, when trying to initialize the phantom and nothing happens.

Is it a problem that I have the original vrpn server still installed or is it just having a hard time initializing the device?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffrey Sanders
Graduate Student