From: Raul Araya (arayasecchi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2010 - 15:59:19 CDT

Dear VMD users:

I have a GeForce 8600M GT graphic card in my laptop, and according to the
NVIDIA page Iit is CUDA capable, but when I downloaded and installed
VMD-1.87 for 32bit linux with CUDA, VMD does not recognize the presence of a
CUDA accelerator. Accodring to the VMD 1.87 documentation CUDA is now usable
in 32 bits systems. I am pretty sure that the CUDA option is included in the
configure.options file, so can any one helpe with this? What Im donig wrong
or not doing? Do in need to install anything else?? Actually I have the same
problem with a MacPro computer with MacOSX and a cuda capable Graphic
card....Please help.

Raúl Araya Secchi
B.Sc Molecular Biotechnology.
Molecular Biotechnology Engineer.
Computational Biology Lab (DLab)
Center for Mathematical Modeling (CMM)
Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas.
Universidad de Chile.