From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 12:56:34 CDT

Osmany,
  The partial ghosting you describe still sounds like an
emitter synchronization problem to me. When the emitter is in sync with
the GPU, then you should only see either working stereo, or non-stereo
displays. If you see part of the screen in stereo and part is "ghosting",
that indicates that the emitter may be lagging the stereo buffer swaps,
or that the LCD panel isn't running in the correct 120Hz stereo mode.
Can you paste the complete VMD OpenGL startup messages into an email
for me? I'm curious whether you've got the X11 composite extension enabled,
or any other potential problem-causing features that may interfere with
stereo display.