From: Germain Vallverdu (germain_vallverdu_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: Sun May 02 2010 - 15:29:22 CDT

Axel,

Thanks you.

If I well understand you advice me to plot the vector who gives the orientation of my ellipsoid insteed of the ellipsoid ? Or is it a way with the licorice rep to give to a 2 atoms molecules a shape who looks like elliptic ?

You said that you looked into it a while ago, did you find a solution ? Did you wrote a script I could eventually use ?

In my model, each particle is define with a position of the center of mass and a vector orthogonal to the plane of the molecule (this is disklike molecules). Thus that is all information I have to represent my system.

In order to represent the shape of my molecule I first use numerous dummy atoms placed on the external surface of the particle. But if I have about one million of particles and I need thousound atoms to reprensent one particles, I think it will be hard to visualize that !

Thanks for your help

Germain

Germain Salvato-Vallverdu
post-doctorant CEA/DAM/DPTA/SPMC/LDDM