From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2010 - 18:20:38 CDT

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:16 -0600, ben rodriguez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to confirm that VMD is working in stereo with the 3D
> Vision emitter/glasses and the appropriate monitor and quadro card in

yes. i've seen it work with a 46 inch samsung led tv.
pretty impressive for demonstrations. i helped a couple
of folks recently rig some fairly nice interactive MD
demos for it. for regular work, i find the shutter glasses
too irritating. i experimented with a zalman screen and
polarized glasses and found that much more comfortable,
but then again, there are only very few applications, that
benefit significantly from it (IMD with a haptic device
being one of them), and the zalman screen is glossy and
thus not so good for programming and other text based work.

> linux before I buy the expensive FX 3700. If so how is the 3d vision
> enabled in VMD, I dont see an option in the stereo menu?

AFAIK, it is set in the /etc/x11/xorg.conf file.
there is a driver option "Stereo" and if i recall correctly,
you need to set it to mode 10 for 3d vision.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/