From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2010 - 15:09:17 CDT

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 15:01 -0400, Joseph Bylund wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to alter my .vmdrc such that a representation shows a

stupid question. why do you want to put this into your .vmdrc file.

why not use a regular script file and then load it from the
command line with -e
do you always want to load the same data set in exactly the
same style every time you launch VMD???

> specific frame, I am wondering if there is a way to do this?
>
> What I have currently:
>
> mol representation {Licorice 0.1 10 10}
> mol selection "protein"
> set colorvar 0
> foreach mid [molinfo list] {
> mol color Name
> # mol trajectory 500 ??trying to select just frame 500??

where did you find the keyword "mol trajectory"?

if you just want to _load_ a specific frame you have to
use the "first" and "last" keywords of "mol new" or "mol
addfile."

if you just want to _show_ a specific frame, you can
use the "mol drawframes $molid $repid $frame" syntax.

you'd have to do this _after_ the mol addrep $mid
line, of course.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/