From: Bob Johnson (bobjohnson1981_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 14:56:52 CDT

Hello everyone,
I am using VMD and Adobe Acrobat to create a 3D PDF (or better yet...a
u3d file that I can embed in a Power Point). However, I'm experiencing
a problem when using the Licorice representation. When I capture the
VMD scene with Acrobat, the color of the spherical endcaps do not
match that of the bonds. It seems that the spheres take on the color
of the very first bond and are not changed for the rest of the
molecule. Here is an image as an example:
http://astro.temple.edu/~rjohnson/temp/capture.png

As you can see, the spheres are red which matches the color of the
very first residue in the protein. However, the color of the sphere is
not updated to match the remaining residues.

I was able to fix this when importing the object in the PRC
Tessellation format. However, this is undesirable since I eventually
want to embed the object in a Power Point as a .u3d file. It seems
that the U3D import format colors all these spheres the same way. How
can I fix this?

Thanks,
Bob

--