From: Joseph Bylund (joseph.bylund_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 05:30:48 CDT

Hi Xueqin,

I'm not entirely sure I understood the question. But I believe you can
select the waters of interest by using "water and within 5.0 of protein"
if for instance you were interested in a water shell within 5 angstroms
of the protein. It could easily be "within 5 of resname ATP" or
whatever else it is you're looking for. Then after exporting the
structure you just count the number of O's in HOH's (grep HOH|grep -c
?wateroxygen?). Hope that helps.

-Joe