From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2010 - 08:37:36 CDT

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 14:18 +0200, Ajasja Ljubetič wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> is there a way to turn off the initial animation (The rotating VMD

you can set the environment variable VMDTITLE to off.

> letters). I sometimes start VMD without loading a pdb for a long time
> and during this time the animation is eating a lot of cpu time. I have
> removed "rock y by 1" from my vmd.rc.
>

> Also the command "menu tkcon on" seems to have no effect if placed in
> the .rc file.

that is because the .rc file is processed before all
plugins are initialized (so that you can override
installed plugins with your own test version).

just use:

after idle {
  menu tkcon on
}

instead and you should be fine.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/