From: Marek Maly (marek.maly_at_ujep.cz)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 05:31:36 CDT

Dear VMD community,

I encountered a problem regarding visualisation of .VTF trajectory files
(which are produced by Espresso simul. software)
using VMD (v.1.8.7) under Windows XP (32 bit). Whenever I try to visualise
given .VTF file on my Win Office machine
I obtain immediate VMD crash refering to vtfplugin.so. What is very
strange to me that on my MAC (PowerBook Pro)
(under OS X) it works fine and even if I connect to my Windows machine in
my Office from my laptop using remote connection it works !
I really do not understand this very strange behaviour. BTW I encountered
the same problem also using my Windows installation under Parallels
Desktop.

Did anybody encountered the same problem ? Is there any solution available
? Does anybody know about another free software which is
possible to use under Windows (without any problems) for visualisation of
.VTF files ?

Thank you very much in advance for any useful information !

Best wishes

    Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/