From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2010 - 13:16:43 CDT

alternate suggestion (you may need to get v1.1 of the topotools package):

set sel1 [atomselect $mol1 {<enzyme selection>}]
set sel2 [atomselect $mol2 {<substrate selection text>}]

package require topotools

set mol3 [::TopoTools::selections2mol "$sel1 $sel2"]

animate write psf merged.psf $mol3
animate write pdb merged.pdb $mol3

this works for an arbitrary number of selections (unless you run out of memory).

please note that neither approach checks for atom overlaps.
therefore you have to choose your selections carefully.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/