From: Kovács, Sándor Ádám (skovacs_at_wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2010 - 16:54:39 CDT

Will,

Thinking it may have been something with our use or build of g09, I ran a QM Geometry Optimization of a small test molecule (ethanol) on both g09 and g03.
After comparing the g09 output with g03 output and finding no remarkable differences, I returned to Paratool.
Paratool was able to "read-in" the output of g09 without incident, resulting in a successful paramaterization.

This topic of "(can't use non-numeric string as operand of "-")" has come up before in the mailing list as recently as December 2008, but doesn't seem to have been resolved.

I invite other thoughts and welcome suggestions.

Sándor

Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering
Washington University in St. Louis