From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2010 - 10:10:02 CDT

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 10:51 +0100, Francesco Pietra wrote:

francesco,

as i already wrote in response to your previous query, your
"handwaving" description is not very helpful to track down
your problem, and the fact that you can reproduce it, doesn't
make it a more convincing issue. i can only speculate that
your problem is caused by a selection that includes unwanted
atoms. all the script does is to draw lines between the center
of mass coordinates for the selection. thus there is little
possibility of a bug in the script code and high probability
of a PEBCAC situation.

in case you don't believe this, the only way to prove it to
you, would be if you can provide a sufficiently large chunk
of your trajectory data and the exact script code to reproduce
what you are seeing. due to the size of files, the recommended
way to make those available is to upload them to the VMD biofs
via an account on biocore.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/