From: Zampighi, Lorenzo (LZampighi_at_mednet.ucla.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 13:46:54 CDT

Suzanne -

I have some experience and there could be several fixes. First, the new
beta version 1.8.1 can natively read ccp4 format and I would suggest using
that instead and avoid any conversion.

Second, if you are doing a solid rendering I have also noticed that my
models get "whited out", and are without any features after converting to
vmd. I assumed that it was a OpenGL problem with my Maxtor G550 card but
curiously it is able to display it without problem using vmd 1.7.1. So you
can either use vmd 1.7.1 or do wireframe rendering.

Third, Situs 2.1 seems to have some problems with the conformat program
which don't appear present in Situs 2.0. I haven't had the time to test it
more throughly and send a bug report to the Situs people but I plan to in a
week or two. When I convert from Situs -> ccp4 parts of the model get
cropped out or reversed (seems to be an ordering problem of some sort). For
that one I just convert from Situs -> Spider and in another program convert
to ccp4.

Hope this helps.

Lorenzo