From: A D (boltzmanndist_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 15:09:06 CST

Hello,
I downloaded VMD 1.8.7 for Mac OS X and tried to access the MDFF plugin via 'package require mdff' but this results in an error message: "can't find package mdff". The plugin binary files are listed in the directory "/Applications/VMD 1.8.7.app/Contents/vmd/plugins/MACOSXX86/molfile".
There is a mdfplugin.so in this directory. Is this the file I should be looking for? Do I need to run pkg_mkIndex for automatic recognition of this package? I tried but it did not really help.
I know that this is a relatively new plugin but still, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Seth