From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 13:54:49 CST

Hi,
  The existing VMD code checks both for computeModeProhibited and
for the kernel execution timeout flag (used for display), so unless
the nvidia-smi tool and driver 'forgot' the setting by the time you
ran VMD (there was a bug of this sort some time back), this should not
affect the behavior at all. If setting the VMDCUDANODISPLAYGPUS
environment variable makes a difference, please let me know, as that
would be an unexpected behavior given how I wrote the code.