From: Filippo Federici (filippo.federici_at_tut.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 01:18:14 CST

Good morning,

we have installed a CUDA workstation and we are done
testing it, but we have some issues with VMD.
I downloaded the binary (LINUX64 CUDA) and apparently
it starts but i see no GPU improvements.
On startup the output tells:

Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 8 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 5269MB (66%)
Info) Detected 3 available CUDA accelerators:
Info) [0] Tesla C1060 30 SM_1.3 @ 1.30 GHz, 4095MB RAM, OIO,
ZCP
Info) [1] Quadro NVS 295 1 SM_1.1 @ 1.30 GHz, 255MB RAM, KTO
Info) [2] Tesla C1060 30 SM_1.3 @ 1.30 GHz, 4095MB RAM, OIO,
ZCP
Info) Creating CUDA device pool and initializing hardware...
CUDA error: no CUDA-capable device is available, line 62
Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this optional X server feature.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Quadro NVS 295/PCI/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (8192x8192), 3-D (2048x2048x2048), Multitexture
(4)
vmd > Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.8.7 (August 1, 2009)
as you can see we have 2 Tesla GPUs and a Quadro NVS 295 for rendering.
The quadro is set to 'prohibited', but I tried to leave it on too with
no luck.
The driver is 190.53, the CUDA SDK samples run correctly, and I can run
some piece of code I wrote with no problem.
Any suggestion?!

thanks in advance

Filippo