From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:41:23 CDT

Adrian,
  The number of lengthwise divisions in the 'Tube' representation
cannot be increased. The final version of VMD 1.8.1 (due to be released
in a few days) includes a new implementation of the 'NewRibbons'
representation that features a variable resolution control that affects
the number of divisions/interpolations in both directions. The new
version of the NewRibbons representation can be made to look like a
'Tube' representation by setting the "Aspect Ratio" parameter (new)
to 1.0. This new version of VMD should be available before the end
of next week.

Thanks,