From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 20:43:50 CST

Sam,
  The easiest way to deal with this is to duplicate trajectory frames.
You can write a simple VMD script to load your original trajectory
into one molecule, and then build a second molecule, duplicating
each of your 50 frames N times, for whatever value of N makes the
movie playback speed most appropriate for your needs. Since the movie
formats use hard-coded frame rates in the range of 24 to 30 frames
per second, you'll probably want to duplicate each frame something like
4 to 6 times so that you end up with a movie that's say 6 to 12 seconds
long (depending on movie frame rate and number of frame dups) as a starter.