From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 16:07:16 CST

Hi,
  You can set all of the VMD transformation, rotation, scaling,
and centering matrices to identity matrices, which should cause the emitted
POV-Ray scene to be written in molecule coordinates. It will not look right
on the VMD display when you do this (since that messes up all of the transforms
for OpenGL), but it should emit the kind of POV-Ray geometry that you're
after. Conversely, you can use a VMD script to transform any molecule
coordinates you want into the world or eye coordinates used by POV-Ray,
Tachyon other renderers. I just sent a script for this kind of thing
to the mailing list last week. Either way, it should be possible to get
what you need.

Cheers,
  John