From: Jane Bailey (jbailey.xtal_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 09:35:53 CST

Dear all,

I am a new user of VMD, however I couldn't make it work in my office
computer which is Mac osx 10.4.11
The version I downloaded is MacOS X OpenGL (Intel x86)
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?UserID=&AccessCode=&ArchiveID=987>
(Apple MacOS-X (10.4.7 or later) with hardware OpenGL (native bundle)).
I simply compiled it and copied the program to the Application like for
other Mac softwares. But when I double-click the program, it says in
Smultron:

#!/bin/sh

# startup.command
# This is the script executed by VMDLauncher to actually start VMD.

p=`dirname "$0"`
"$p/../Resources/VMD.app/Contents/MacOS/VMD" $*

Does anybody have idea what was wrong with my installing?

Many thanks!
Jane