From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 15 2010 - 16:18:27 CST

Brian,
  I don't get these errors on our machines. The existing linux VMD binaries
were compiled with FLTK 1.1.4 on RHEL 4.7. You could try different FLTK
versions and see if it makes a difference, but it could also be the
result of issues with the X server itself (I've certainly seen plenty
of them over the years). There's no real harm in doing your own VMD build
based on a different version of FLTK, though FLTK 2.x may be difficult
due to large API changes they've been making there.