From: martin klvana (martin.mk.klvana_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 20:25:49 CST

Hello,

I use VMD 1.8.7 (Windows 7 / 64bit). I can do the following manually
(with mouse and keyboard) and by writing corresponding commands, one
by one, in Tk Console:
load reference pdb file >>> load dcd trajectory >>> save dcd
trajectory with stride set to some value

It works fine.

However, when I put all the commands into a single file and execute
Load State (in the Main Menu) or Load File (in the Tk Console), I get
the following error message:

ERROR: Illegal frames requested for coordinate file I/O

Is it a bug?

(Note: I can run catdcd on remote linux or macx machine, but I would
like to process my trajectories rather on my windows machine and
catdcd is not available for Windows as far as I know.)

Thanks for any comment on this issue,
martin