From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 12:29:25 CDT

Dear Oscar,
  I have a few suggestions for you regarding your use of stereo on Linux:
1) In order to setup stereo with the NVidia drivers, you'll need to follow
   the config options they list in their Linux README file:
   ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4363/README.txt

2) Even if you have the NVidia Linux driver configured correctly, there's
   a special step you have to follow in order to use VMD with their drivers.
   You'll need one of the new VMD 1.8.1 beta versions, or the final version of
   VMD 1.8.1 which will be released in a week or so. You can get a test
   version here: ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/
   Once you get one of these newer versions of VMD installed, you'll need
   to set the environment variable "VMDPREFERSTEREO" to 1. This will
   trigger special code in VMD that makes it work better with the NVidia
   Quadro drivers.

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,