From: Wayne Dawson (dawson_at_bi.a.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Jan 05 2010 - 21:16:58 CST

It doesn't seem that no one else has reported this problem.

For some very strange reason, I find that VMD seems to conflict with the
Netbeans IDE (integrated development environment). On the (Intel) Mac
(OSX4), when I click on the VMD icon (either VMD 1.8.6 and 1.8.7), the
program initially starts up, then dies and starts up the NetBeans (6.5)
IDE. The problem hasn't disappeared with either the upgraded VMD or
NetBeans (though I haven't tried their version newest 6.8). I cannot
think it makes a difference, but it is a Mac OSX4 with Japanese language
environment.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I should do to
fix it.

I know, I should be tough enough to build all my java constructors
without the aid of an IDE package, but useful GUIs are time consuming to
build (even with an IDE) and spending all that extra time for a little
more control is not particularly productive for a lot of scientific work.

Wayne

Bioinformation Engineering Laboratory
Building 6
Department of Biotechnology
Division of Agriculture
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
The University of Tokyo
Yayoi 1-1-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657
TEL	     (+81)-3-5841-5449
cellphone    (+81)-090-5312-9325