From: Ocar Campos (ocarnorsk138_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 02 2010 - 06:20:15 CST

Hello:

I usually do this, it works for archlinux, ubuntu and fedora, so it should
be the same for opensuse, this is all working in a terminal:

1.- Download VMD.

2.- Uncompress the tar.gz file, and place yourself in the vmd folder, i.e.:
cd vmd-1.8.6

3.- Execute the configuration file: ./configure

4.- Place yourself in the src folder: cd src

cd src

5.- As root execute the make install: make install

6.- if you want to launch vmd from anywhere copy the vmd bin to
/usr/local/bin then in console write vmd and it should launch anywhere.

7.- if ater copying the file doesn't work writting vmd anywhere I think you
should add /usr/local/bin to the enviroment path.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
O'car Campos C.
Bioinformatics Engineering Student.