From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 19:52:56 CST

Rich,
  I thought it was crashing in a Tk call, but I don't have your
traceback in front of me, so that was my vague recollection. If it
is dying in Tcl itself, then we're going to have to figure out what
is actually going on there. Can you recompile your Tcl/Tk library with
debugging symbols enabled (i.e. by adding -g to the compilation flags)?

Cheers,
  John