From: Joshua Adelman (jla65_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 07:15:52 CST

Hi Leila,

VMD usually just makes some guess about bonding from it's limited knowledge of amino/nucleic acid topology. If you have some non-standard molecules in you pdb files, it may not know how to handle them correctly.

If you provide more information, someone might be able to give a more specific answer. For examples, when you load the initial and final structures into VMD before superposition with trjconv, do they display correctly? If so, you could alternatively superimpose the structures in VMD and see if that changes things.

Best wishes,
Josh