From: Rob (spamrefuse_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 08:53:35 CST

John Stone wrote on Thu Dec 10 2009:

> What locale is
your system using?
> Do you have SCIM enabled or disabled?
> Do you have any special internationalized keyboard
> handling turned on?

I have no access to that machine until after the weekend.

But now do I find out the locale? By doing "env | grep LANG"?

As I am in Korea, I have "Korean-support" installed on my
Fedora 12 systems; I use IBus as my input method for Korean.

All this is the same on my Fedora 12 32bits system and there
vmd 1.8.7 works just fine (with the same nVidia GeForce 8600
GTS video card and the nouveau driver).

Is there something essential different between the 32bits and
64bits version with respect to the locale?

Rob.