From: Jennifer Williams (Jennifer.Williams_at_ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 06:39:48 CST

Quoting Olaf Lenz <lenzo_at_mpip-mainz.mpg.de>:

> Hi!
>
> Olaf Lenz wrote:
>> Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
>>> before investing much effort, try if using
>>> ::TopoTools::replicatemol does the trick for this.
>>> arguments are "molid nx ny nz", i.e. top 2 2 2
>>> will replicate the molecule twice in each direction.
>
> Unfortunately, ::TopoTools::replicatemol apparently can not
> handle non-orthorhombic boxes, which is crucial for the problem at hand...
>
> Olaf
> - --

HI Axel, Olaf,

Thanks for your suggestions-I managed to get around the problem as my
trajectory was created in gromacs so I used gromacs to make the box a
2x2x2 unit cell. In case anyone else has the same problem:

I made the structure file bigger using:

genconf -nbox 2 2 2 -f confout.gro -o confbig.out

2. Convert traj.xtc to single frames:

trjconv -s md.tpr -sep -nzero 0 -f traj.xtc -o fr.gro

Use genconf on each of these frames as above (I wrote a script to do
this for all frames)

3. Stick the new, bigger frames into a trajectory using trjcat

I had to split the trajectory into single frames as I don't have a
cubic box. I think you could use the -box option with trjconv if you
had a cubic box,

I'd still be interested to hear of any VMD solutions to this problem
but its not urgent from my point of view,

Thanks again

Jenny

qsub MULTIPLY.sh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.