From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 00:25:01 CST

Hi,
  I'm having a hard time following a couple of the details you
listed below as some of the statements you make lack details.
Are the RMSD values you calculated _exactly_ equal,
or just very close to the same? If they are _exactly_ equal, I would
question whether your atom selections were correctly selecting
the different chains. You can determine if you're getting the
right atoms selected by querying the atom indices associated with
each selection and confirming that you're actually getting different
atom indices for the different chain selections as appropriate.