From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 16 2009 - 15:22:41 CST

Hi,
  You have two main choices:
1) active stereo: requires 120Hz-capable projector with LCD shutter glasses
2) passive stereo: uses two projectors, with polarizers covering each
   of the projector lenses, keyed to match polarizers in passive glasses

Both solutions require a high-end GPU as you'll require double
the video memory, and stereoscopic display requires double the
rendering. On Windows you can use high-end professional GPUss
from NVIDIA or ATI. On Linux the only solution we've tested that's
usable are the NVIDIA Quadro cards.