From: Joshua Adelman (jla65_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 07:06:58 CST

Hi Sarah,

It sounds like the problem is that the molecules/fragments you are having issues with, do not have corresponding entries in the topology file. AutoPSF needs some sort of residue definition telling it how the various atoms are connected, their charges, internal geometry, etc. If your residue isn't in the topology file, AutoPSF won't know what to do with those atoms.

I recommend taking a look at the following tutorial:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/science/topology/topology-html/

You may have to either write your own topology file, or edit an existing one to include the missing residue types.

Best of luck,
Josh