From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 16:18:43 CST

Bob,
  VMD currently uses a very small tolerance parameter for the
RMS fit routine to encourage complete convergence in some
difficult corner cases. In your case, even after 1,000 iterations
the algorithm's convergence criteria hasn't been entirely satisfied
given the tiny tolerance we've allowed by default, but that said,
it may not be possible for yours to align any better than they are.
For now, I'd consider this to be only a warning for your cases,
and not something to worry about. I'm looking at another approach
for improving the touchy cases without making the convergence test
tolerance parameter so unrealistically tight.