From: Knut Teigen (knut.teigen_at_pki.uib.no)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 09:11:23 CDT

Dear VMD experts,

I am running MD simulations with the discover module under InsightII. Is it
possible to read a discover trajectory (i.e. a .his file) directly into VMD?

The only way I am able to visualize my trajectories in VMD is to first
generate a pdb file for every frame in the trajectory using InsightII (one
by one...). However, this is a very tedious procedure, and it would be much
less time consuming if I could read the trajectory directly into VMD or
convert the discover trajectory to some other format that VMD will accept.

Kind regards
Knut Teigen

PhD student
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
University of Bergen
Norway