From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 23 2009 - 11:13:51 CDT

Hi,
  There's a minor bug in the current implementation that I'm working
on fixing, but in principle one ought to be able to do this with the
"withinbonds" selection, with something like this (where "A" and "C"
are some other selection text):

B atoms that are bonded to both A and C:
  withinbonds 1 of A and withinbonds 1 of C

The bug I'm working on fixing will prevent selections like the above
from working correctly at present, but I should have a fix for it
in the next few days and I can make it available in an alpha
version of VMD 1.8.8.

If you think of other bond-based selections that would be useful, let
me know and I'll see what I can do.