From: Schreiner Eduard (eschrein_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 04 2009 - 22:06:21 CDT

Hi Patrick,

something like the following should work (I did not test it)

mol new yourtraj.xyz waitfor all
set nr_frames [molinfo 0 get numframes ]
set a [atomselect top "all" frame 0]

for {set fr 0} {$fr < $nr_frames} {incr fr } {
  $a frame $fr
  $a update
  $a writepdb frame-$a.pdb
}
$a delete

keep in mind, the size (storage space) requirements will increase
if you go from xyz to pdb format.

eddi

On Oct 4, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Patrick Redmill wrote:

> Hi all,
> I think this is an easy question, hope I'm right. I have an xyz
> trajectory, and I wish to loop through each frame and save each
> frame as an individual .pdb file (numbered 000.pdb, 001.pdb,
> 002.pdb, ... etc.). I don't need any of the extra connectivity data
> that comes with the pdb, just the format change. This is easily done
> in the GUI with File > Save coordinates, but given that I may be
> dealing with a few hundred frames, I'd like to automate it if
> possible. Thanks in advance!
>
> Patrick

Eduard Schreiner
Phone: 217-244-4361