From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 16:22:26 CDT

Martin,
  Yes, we've observed this too. I believe it is partially the result
of the fact that STRIDE uses the PDB file format, which has relatively
narrow field widths for coordinates, and so coordinates with large
magnitudes can definitely create problems. I don't know of any way
around this limitation of STRIDE. At some point, someone will either
have to revise STRIDE or write a new program to deal with this. If people
know of something competitive with STRIDE that's more modern and has a
similarly open license, let me know.