From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 07:41:11 CDT

Hi,
  Are you running out of memory on your machine?
That's what it looks like to me from the errors you're getting.

A second issue here is that you've got 12 million atoms, which goes
beyond the limits of the normal PSF file format. We have built
structures this large, but we had to use our own file formats rather
than PSF/PDB because various field widths overflow with the standard
PSF/PDB files. What do you plan to do with the system next? If you're
going to simulate with NAMD, you'll have to do what we've been doing
and use the other file formats. I have special builds of VMD and psfgen
that can emit files in the other formats for setting up huge simulations
like this.

If you tell us more about what you're attempting to do,
I can either provide you with the needed VMD/psfgen builds that enable
output to the .js file format or give you alternative suggestions.

  johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu