From: Thomas Evangelidis (te8624_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 09:04:36 CDT

Hi Katherine,

lets say you want to count all the waters(TIP3) within 5 A of resids
1-50 taking into account waters in the nearest periodic cells, then
the command should be:

llength [[atomselect top "(oxygen pbwithin 5 of (protein and resid 1
to 50)) and resname TIP3"] list]

I have an alpha version of a plugin to truncate trajectories and keep
only a specified number of waters within R Angstroms of an
atomselection, it might be helpful to your analysis.

regards,
Tom

----- End message from kparra_at_mail.usf.edu -----