From: Andres Morales N (andresmoralesn2_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 03 2009 - 15:00:30 CDT

Dear Josh

I tried what you told.

I loaded the native in molid 0 and the mutant in molid 1 (Each dcd file contains 100 frames)

and changed the script to the following:

set outfile [open rmsd_min.txt w];
set sel1 [atomselect 0 "protein and backbone and noh"]
set nf1 [molinfo 0 get numframes]
set sel2 [atomselect 1 "protein and backbone and noh"]

for {set i 0 } {$i < $nf1 } { incr i } {
for {set j $i } {$j < $nf1 } { incr j } {

$sel1 frame $i
$sel2 frame $j

$sel2 move [measure fit $sel2 $sel1]
set rmsd_matrix($i,$j) [measure rmsd $sel2 $sel1]
rmsd_matrix($i,$j) [$rmsd_matrix($i,$j)]
}}

for { set i 0 } { $i < $nf1 } { incr i} {
for { set j 0 } { $j < $nf1 } { incr j } {
puts -nonewline $outfile "$rmsd_matrix($j,$i) "
}
puts $outfile ""
}
close $outfile

so I got a matrix that contains RMSD between native and mutant structures (100*100 matrix). but I need to calculate RMSD between native and mutat, and between themselves (200*200 matrix).

Do you have any suggestion else?

Thanks a lot

Andres

CC: andresmoralesn2_at_hotmail.com