From: Christoph Weber (cwebersd_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 18:31:11 CDT

Hi all,

in case people have been wondering: VMD seems to run well on MacOSX 10.6
Snow Leopard. I ran both, VMD 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 without a hitch. Both are
noticeably faster on my March 2009 Macbook Pro with the lesser nVidia 9400
graphics, reaching almost the speed of the nVidia 9600 graphics card (which
I normally keep turned off - although with CUDA support in VMD 1.8.7 and
emerging OpenCL-stuff this may change...) under the previous OS. Good GLSL
speed, too.
Note: I tested only a few protein displays styles, the Surf plugin, the
MoviewMaker plugin, autpsfgen plugin, normal OpenGL rendering, GLSL, and
cachemode.

Christoph