From: Steve Seibold (seibold_at_chemistry.msu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 14:58:19 CDT

Is there a way to "rotate" just one separate molecule ( e.g. a ligand) along with its actual coordinates. I know how to translate it (using Tkconsole "moveby or "move transaxis" or using key "8" on key board), but I cannot find a way to rotate the molecule. I looked for the command in the VMD Guide book under Tlc text commands, but could not find it. Basically, I am trying to position a ligand into a protein using VMD.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to incorporate VMD as the main visual aid here and so, I am determining how it can be used.

Thanks, Steve