From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 06:43:51 CDT

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 11:50 +0200, Barbault Florent wrote:
> Hello,

florent,

> I am facing difficulties to install vmd 1.8.7 on my linux machine (fedora,
> intel 64). Installation script is ok, but when I launch the soft I have a
> segmentation fault and the message 'Detected X11 composite extension'. It
> seems that I have to disable the X11 option. Do you know how to do it?

please produce stack trace by running vmd under the debugger.
also, please list all useful information about your system
(vmd startup message, hardware, driver version, os version).
this looks a lot as if you have a broken opengl driver.
details see the instructions on bug reporting on the VMD homepage.

thanks,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
Research Associate Professor